- Medex Certificate from University of Guyana plus
- Registration to practise as a Medex in Guyana
- An excellent track record of post-qualification experience
Skills and Attributes
- Good planning and organisational abilities
- Team-player and self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the general administration of the Medical Centre.
- Examining and treating all out-patients and where necessary refer appropriate cases to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation Inc. or preferred medical institution of patient or relatives.
- Responsible for drugs held in stock and ensuring that the proper procedure is followed with respect to ordering, receiving and use of same.
- Solely responsible for the issuing of controlled/dangerous drugs and maintenance and recording of the use of same.
- Ensuring that professional/cordial relationships with all patients are maintained and that all patients are seen and attended to with care, humaneness and with expedition.
- Directing and supervising the transportation of patients to hospitals in relation to cases that need this service and ensuring that the correct procedure is adhered to at all times.
- Scrutinizing disease/disorder trends; discuss same with relevant authorities, including the Medical School and inform the Registrar or his nominee and JOSHC immediately of any outbreak of epidemic and preventative measures to be adopted under the circumstances; assist in planning and execution of measures for treatment and prevention of spread.
- Submitting relevant statistics to the Registrar or his nominee in relation to students and Personnel Officer in relation to staff at the stipulated time for use in the planning of health programmes and further investigation and action related to Health & Safety Hazards at the workplace.
- Within the budgetary provisions of Faculties/Departments, arrange to replenish and monitor the usage of materials for first-aid kits of these entities and maintain appropriate records.
- Actively participate in training of appropriate personnel, including training in first-aid and render first-aid treatment in emergencies.
- Taking initiatives in assisting the Registry in the formulation and execution of Health Education programmes for both Occupational and Community Health (including areas such as Nutrition, Diabetes, Hypertension, Immunization, Oral Rehydration, Breast-feeding and Family Planning).
- Arrange and Implement Immunization programmes.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Salary Scale: Medex - UA2: $211,272-$317,211
Placement on Salary Scale would be dependent on qualification and post-qualification experience.
Benefits currently include non-taxable housing and travelling allowances, contributory medical and pension schemes; gratuity and entertainment allowance (where applicable), annual/vacation/study/sabbatical leave (whichever is applicable); leave passage and Academic Materials allowance.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae, stating full name, date of birth, marital status, qualifications (with dates and overall grades obtained), work experience (with dates), full names and addresses of three (3) referees, who can testify to the academic/professional capabilities of the applicant (one of whom must be your present or last employer, where applicable), must reach the Personnel Division, University of Guyana, P.O. Box 10-1110, Georgetown, Email: email@example.com, not later than April 26,2018 (Tel. Nos. 592-222-4181/5271), Website: www.uog.edu.gy