The University of Guyana Entrance Exam
Applicants who do not possess the minimum general admission requirements as stipulated above will be required to write the University of Guyana Entrance Examination (UGEE).
Persons Eligible for The University of Guyana Entrance Examination
- Those applicants who are qualified for admission by virtue of relevant passes at the CXC/CSEC General Proficiency/GCE ‘O’ Level and other approved qualification WILL NOT be required to write the UGEE.
- Those applicants who expect to qualify for admission by virtue of relevant passes at the May/June GCE/CXC/CSEC examination may opt to write the UGEE.
- Those applicants, who fall into one of the following categories, WILL BE required to write the UGEE:
- Those applying for admission under the Mature Student category.
- Those applying for admission with Certificates or Diplomas which had been previously accepted for admission purposes OTHER THAN
- The Diploma in Agriculture for applicants to the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry.
- The Trained Teachers’ Certificate for applicants to those programmes that allow this qualification as an entry requirement.
- A Diploma from any of the (Government) Technical Institutes for applicants to the Faculties of Natural Sciences, Health Sciences, and Technology, unless otherwise stipulated by the Academic Board.
- The IDCE Certificate in Industrial Relations and Management.
- The Commonwealth Youth Programme Diploma in Youth Work.